Flash Back Friday!!!

Friday, February 25, 2011 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 7:43 AM

I thought I was soooo coool back in the day. When I was about 13, I was staying the night at my friends house and we decided to walk down to the liquor store to get some candy. On our way we ran into some girl friends that lived in the same area. They decided to join us on our trek.

This liquor store was run by an Indian man (I know what a shock), so as I entered the store we were getting the evil eye from the owner. I found some candy that I wanted to get but realized I had no money, I proceeded to put the candy back and one of the girls suggested that I put it my pocket and just take it. This made me way nervous as I had never stolen anything before, my parents had installed the fear of god in me or the fear of my dad's hand on my ass may be a better way to describe it. Ha! So being a stupid boy and wanting nothing more then to impress this girl I stashed about 5 candy bars in my pockets.

My friend was ready to go, he had money and proceeded to walk to the counter to pay. I thought to myself, should I leave right now or walk to the counter with my friend and act like nothing is wrong. You guessed it, like an idiot I walked to the counter. What is really funny, is every time I took a step all the candy in my pocket made noise, the wrappers were rubbing together making all kinds of noise. I must of looked guilty because the owner asked me if I had anything in my pockets, of course I looked at him and said "NO".

He rang my friend up and I must of been distracted because I didn't even see him come around the counter. He grabbed my arm and said empty your pockets you little fuck. I think I yelled from fear and yank my arm away and just booked it. Yes I said "booked" it. I was really fast back in those days so I just sprinted down the street leaving my friends and the owner in the dust. I think I ran for almost 2 miles straight before I looked back to see no one was behind me. My heart was beating so hard and I was so out of breath. As I waited for my friends to catch up, I emptied my pockets and viewed my spoils. I thought to myself, all this drama was not worth it. I had stolen a Whatchamacallit, snickers, and a pack of gum.

My friends finally caught up and were rollin because I took off so fast. They said the owner told them to tell me not to ever come back or he would kill me. That was enough for me!!! I never went back to that store, even to this day if I drive past that store I just chuckle but will never go back.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com