GAME ON!!!!!

Sunday, June 13, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 11:05 AM

The Worlds biggest sporting event has started. The USA tied it's first match yesterday, if not for a mishap by the English goalkeeper the USA would of lost. Even though they tied it is seen as a win for the USA. England is ranked 8th in the world and USA is ranked 14th, so by most accounts it was a upset. As I watched the game it seems we as a country are still behind the curve in skill. The USA has more players playing overseas in the best leagues but those players only amount to a small number on a full squad.


USA always falls short when trying to string together 4 or 5 passes, this is where the greatest teams win the game and that is in the mid-field. Without the ability to make an offensive move together as a team lends to defeat more then not. We have come a long way from the 80's, now it seems that we have stalled in our progress. If we can get to the later stages of the world cup, this may entice some athletes to choose soccer over other sports in the USA. This is highly unlikely but one can dream.

On a personal note, I feel energized to play once again. I may never play at the same level when I was in college but I can still hang with these young kids these days. I believe I am a smarter player, now I just need to get off my lazy ass and find a team to play on.

This is my first take on the world cup. Check back in a few days, I will be going into a more in depth analyst of all the teams.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Chub Johnson says:

    now I know what to read if I ever have trouble sleeping.

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com