A proud father moment. A perfect gift for Father's Day.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 7:28 AM


I am a firm believer in the old adage "You Reap What You Sow". I am blessed to have such a well mannered child, Elijah has been the complete opposite of myself in regards to his school work. We (his mother and I) push him to be the best or try to do his best at everything he does. His school work is an area where we seem to focus most of our efforts. Last year he received the Silver President's Award for scholastic achievement. I never received any awards that didn't relate to athletics, that moment was one of the my proudest moments as a father. I was proud for him and his accomplishments, not for our effort we put into his schooling. I believe as a parent it is my duty to steer him in the right direction in all facets of life.





Now by no means am I saying we are model parents because that, we are not. What I am saying if you take the time to go over your child's homework and make his schooling a priority, then more times than not they will come out on top. Last week my son was the only child in his class to be selected to attend an awards ceremony tonight. Once again, I feel like climbing to the tallest building and shout "MY CHILD IS THE GREATEST" but I am using this forum as my tallest building. I relate raising a child to building a brick house, building the foundation is where the most critical area is. Without a solid foundation everything you build is more likely to crumble. After the the foundation, if you misplace a brick or it fails, then you can simply replace that brick and start again.

It may be the greatest feeling ever seeing your child elated about something he was accomplished. He came home and already had plans about what he wants to wear on stage. I am so proud that words can't express my feelings.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. CRW1018 says:

    That is a great story Elijah is a good kid and he can stay that way if you keep him away from Husky Downs lol

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com