The Man Bankrolling California's Pot Initiative

Sunday, June 6, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 9:55 PM

Coming up in November may be last time marijuana will be illegal in California. Richard Lee owns a medical marijuana store in Oakland, CA, he also owns a few other small business in the surrounding area. He is spearheading this issue himself, of course he would benefit from marijuana being legal but since he is already a millionaire, I have to think that this is not his only motivation for his involvement.


If pot was legalized California. First and foremost it would generate a huge influx of tax dollars plus the added jobs. With California in it's worst shape financially in years, both of these benefits would aide in financial recovery. I am for this measure, only if it is accompanied by strict regulations. I would like everyone to take a strong look at both the Pros and the Cons.

I have one question for everyone "Do the Pros outweigh the Cons?". I look forward to all your comments.

To see the whole story click on the link below.


Currently have 2 comments:

  1. Chub Johnson says:

    This is a tough one. One thing that somewhat alarms me is what are drug dealers going to do when Marijuana is legal? Will they then start flooding the streets with Stronger drugs? Will kids be turned off by it because it is not "cool" any more and start dipping into meth or drugs that are still illegal. We all know what happened with prohibition. I don't know, if I had to vote I would vote PRO. Just because we've never done it before. If it doesn't work out then reverse the law ASAP!

  1. Husky Downs says:

    Like Chub said above, once it's legalized, while there will be more people doing it because - well it's legal, there also will be many who stop doing it. People like to do what is prohibited. It's like a teen who does the opposite of what their parent tells them solely for the sake of being defiant and to go against the grain. It is possible at this point more people may in fact seek other drugs...who knows. That may be a little too extreme, but at the end of the day I too am PRO. After all, marijuana is better IMO than beer or cigarettes and like alcohol, it would need to be controlled. Plus, if it helps our economy out - then why not? That's my $0.02.

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com