'Golden Girls' Star Rue McClanahan Dies at 76

Thursday, June 3, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 10:56 AM


It seems this year is a bad year to be a celebrity, there has been at least 5 deaths this year. Those are just from T.V. shows, not all of them are up in their years, some are too young to go. I keep hearing the tune in my head "And another one bites the dust", I know it's harsh but it is what it is. This makes me look at the stars of today and compare them with the one's of later years, in my opinion there are only a handful of stars that can hold their own with the stars of the past.
Yes the movies may be better in today's time, but stop and think about it, is it because of the acting or because of the special effects? I believe the movies today are bigger and better in the effects department but not the acting department. I hope we don't lose all of our older actors at one time, that would be a tragedy. For those that don't know who this woman is, she played Blanche Devereaux on the 'Golden Girls' a long running sitcom in the mid 80's to the early 90's. She won an Emmy for her role on this show.
To find out more about Rue McClanahan please click the link below:

Currently have 3 comments:

  1. Chub Johnson says:

    My wife will be highly upset when she hears the news! She really loves the Golden Girls. I don't see why, but she does.

  1. Husky Downs says:

    Who cares! The only one of significance was and is Betty White. Holla' at me when she finally croaks. Ha!

  1. Anonymous says:

    I agree whole-heartedly with you Ann! You hit the nail on the head--we can relate a little to Blanche...:-)

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com