MLK Day!!!!

Monday, January 17, 2011 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 10:10 PM

I had the opportunity today to actually listen to  a recording of the "I have a Dream" speech.  I must say, hearing Mr. King deliver his speech gave me chills.  Just to show you how important this man was, I was on my way home from work today and was listening to sports talk radio.  They played his speech in its entirety, at first I was taken back by this. All I wanted to hear was a little sports radio on my drive home, but after only a few words, I was all ears and was hanging on every word. It really made me think about the things we worry about from day to day. Makes them seem small and unimportant. If you haven't had a chance to hear him deliver his speech, please do, it may change your outlook a little, like it did mine.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com