Fight on the Golf Course!?!

Thursday, June 24, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 8:32 AM

Yesterday was a first for me. I went golfing, I set out to play just 9 holes before it was dark. When arriving I notice that the parking lot was a little full for a Wednesday evening but I thought maybe everyone is at the range. As I approached the club house, I thought to myself "I am just going to hit balls" I didn't think I would have enough time to play 9 holes as it may get dark before I could finish.

I entered the club house and saw the price of a small bucket of balls ( 80 balls for $8), I then saw it was only $15 to actually play a round, so I decided to tee off instead. When you are a solo golfer you can pretty much just walk on and either play by yourself or join a group getting ready to tee off, I joined another man. I introduced myself and went through the normal small talk. Everything was just peachy, we teed off and started on our way. Around the 3rd hole we were having to wait on every shot for the group in front of us to finish. The group in front was made up of 2 men and a 11 year old boy. I was in no hurry and was enjoying the course and my playing partner. We waited on every hole after that but keep in mind this was not the groups fault in front of us, the group in front of them were really slow.

As we finished the 6Th hole, we started towards the 7Th hole which was on the other side of the course. After walking a good 5 minutes, we passed one of the men and his son, they were at the snack bar waiting in line to get food or drinks or something. We continued to the 7Th tee box, where the other man was waiting for the other two to join him. I saw that the hole was empty and asked the man if we could play through, he then answered with a sarcastic remark "Where are you going to go? I am glad golf is an etiquette game." Of course I had to say something back in the same sarcastic tone " It is etiquette to ask to play through when the green is empty and you are waiting for the rest of your group to join you.". Now I am a little pissed off from his remarks and we start arguing, after a few minutes his partner and child arrive and he joins in the conversation. So now I am arguing with to grown ass men about the rules of the game and how it was just a question. Mind you this whole time we could of teed off and been done with the hole and on to the next.

Now we after all this, one of the men asked us to join his group and just play together. At this point everyone has calmed down, so I say sure. As I wait for my turn, the man I was arguing with (Dave) tees off and goes into the water, of course I chuckle to myself and think karma is a bitch. Now it is my turn and you guessed it, I went into the water also. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at what had transpired, indeed karma is a bitch!!!! Next hole Dave shook my hand and apologized to me a few times for his behavior and like the gentlemen I am, I said no worries but didn't offer my own apology lol. After completing 9 holes, the group continued try and squeeze a few more holes in before it was dark. I decided to leave and not play with them. I went and shook every one's hand and said thank you. I even apologized for my actions earlier to Dave.

All in all it was a good time! Now my game was not all good though. I shot a 13 over on 9 holes, I am still rusty but I will get better. Stay tuned for the next golfing adventure from Jimmy Kicks.

Currently have 3 comments:

  1. Chub Johnson says:

    This is hilarious. You should have Sock that fool up! lol.

    Nah, in all seriousness, why did you even bother arguing with him. If his partner and partner's kid were at the snack bar you should have just played through. I guess everything turned out okay because towards the end of you post you talk about Dave as if he was your homie. You going to date him now? lol

  1. Husky Downs says:

    If he does Chub, that'll be action which was a lonnnnnng time "coming".

    Can I get a "Fooooorrrrreeeeeee!!!"

    lol

  1. Unknown says:

    woahhh...that's really a good post.hehehhe..but it is a fact.yep,hey happy birthday to you!!!

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com