In a funk?

Monday, June 21, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 7:40 PM

Are you in a funk?

How do you know when you are in a funk? It seems you find this out when you are so deep into this funk that you may not be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just remember, even though you can't see the light it is always there. What is exactly is a funk? I believe that this is a form of depression, unfortunately depression is one of the hardest emotions to shake. One of the first signs that you are in a funk is following the same routine everyday. If you even change one thing in your normal routine, it will spice up your life and keep things interesting.

I hope none of you have to experience this feeling, unfortunately it seems everyone goes through this at least once in their lifetime. I just realized that I am in a funk, this realization came to me over the weekend. For the last year or so, I have become a coach potato. Now that I understand that I am in a funk, I will be able climb out of this funk. The trick to overcoming this obstacle is baby steps. If you try and do it all at once, most time than not you will fall right back into the same funk. It only takes one small thing to spice your life up. I will take my baby step Wednesday, I am going to play some golf after work. I will get back to playing soccer on the weekends and working out, but as I said earlier it takes time.

I would like to hear your ideas on getting out of a funk?

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Husky Downs says:

    Your baby step comes Wednesday? What happens to Monday and Tuesday? =)

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com