Fourth of July!!!

Monday, July 5, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 9:50 AM

What does the 4Th of July mean to you?


I love my country, I may bitch and complain about how it is governed or complain about gas prices, but all in all I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. If we didn't complain about things this country wouldn't be what it is today.

Let me explain in more detail. If the people being persecuted for their religious beliefs in the 1600's didn't verbalize their concerns, they may have never migrated to America. Then fast forward to the Boston tea party, if we didn't complain about taxes, there may have never been a war to win our independence. So in my eyes it is woven in our nations fabric to complain about things that we feel are unjust or incorrect. Without this freedom of speech we would be a completely different nation, one without certain liberties that make this country great.

For your enjoyment, I added a video of a fireworks show in Huntington Beach, Ca. It is on the right side bar, check it out or else!!!! Ha!!

I would like to hear your thoughts on what the 4Th of July means to you!!!

Currently have 2 comments:

  1. Husky Downs says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  1. Unknown says:

    But you should be happy that you live in fully developed country jimmy,well if you see any other country you won't even say this!!!

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com