A Housewarming Dream!!!

Thursday, July 8, 2010 , Posted by Jimmy Kicks Corner at 7:14 PM

lately buying a house or condo has really been on my mind. Instead of throwing away my money on rent, I could be paying about the same monthly payment but I would own my own place. I seem to always be drawn to those "House Hunter" shows on the Home and Garden channels. My son deserves a home where we can customize it to our needs, and even have a yard where we can get a pet or two.

I grew up in a home with a pretty large backyard, we always had pets and room to run around. Also, my son would hopefully have friends in our new neighborhood to play with, something he doesn't really have now. With the government really helping new homeowners out right now, I feel this would be a prefect time to purchase a home. Of course, there is one little problem MONEY!!!! For me owning a home, would give me a sense of satisfaction.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of owning a home or your story about buying your first home. Any advice would be great.

Currently have 4 comments:

  1. aCupOfJoy says:

    I think owning a home entails a lot of responsibility. My hubby and I own a house and we're getting it spruced up and ready for the little one. Although we hoped to have a bigger yard for him to run around in.

    We're very happy where we live - close to the park, good neighbors etc.

    Just be ready for the usual utility bills, homeowners assoc fees and of course, the mortgage and property taxes!

    It's really nice to have a place to call your own.

  1. Husky Downs says:

    And yet 420 you have the audacity to call me Husky Downsyndrome - when you're being punked by your lady. HA! HA! HA!

    Jimmy - owning a home has its perks, but until you make enough money to warrant the tax write off, I say rent a home (rather than an apartment). It's like fucking Jessica Alba, Beyonce, Megan Fox etc. without having to get married and go through that non-sense. You get the best of both worlds.

    That's my $0.02 which apparently to some ain't worth shit. LOL!!!

  1. 420 says:

    You have to admit, Husky Downsyndrome is a badass name LOL.

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Jimmy Kicks - Find me on Bloggers.com